Last Friday students at my alma mater, Wyoming Valley West, took to the streets in protest of the school’s oppressive heat and ever-restrictive dress code. After outside temperatures got into the high 80s, indoor temperatures rose past 100. There were reports of students fainting in class. Schools around the area with faulty air conditioning were let out but WVW had not. Seeing this as an injustice, students left school. The protest garnered local media coverage that Friday and was the hottest local story that day.